I am obsessed with this banana bread. I never used to be a fan of banana bread until I tried it homemade!
This recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, refined sugar-free, and can be made gluten-free too. It is so scrumptious, moist, and you would never have any idea that it was free of all those ingredients. I have made this recipe countless times so I can assure you it is the real deal and every single time, evvvverrryyy single time, it comes out perfect.
I prefer chocolate chip banana bread, but the chocolate chips are optional and it is just as delicious without them.
makes one loaf
- 5 bananas
- 1 1/2 cup flour (can use any type of flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup nectar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips *optional
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Put parchment paper in the bread pan or grease it with coconut oil
- Mash 4 of the 5 bananas in a bowl using either a fork or a hand held mixer
- Add the coconut oil and agave nectar to the banana puree and stir
- Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla, and baking soda to the mixture and mix really well
- Pour the mixture into the bread pan
- Slice a banana in half length wise and place on top the mixture
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the bread comes out clean
- Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan
- Slice and serve warm
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @thegreenerer, using the hashtag #thegreenerer