Avocado toast is the perfect healthy snack. This is so simple to make yet so satisfying and delicious you will want to bookmark this page to remind you that avocado toast is amazing. Eat this when your still hungry after dinner, in between meals, or just feel like a dang good snack.
There is only 5 ingredients to this snack and you can have everything prepared and ready to go before the toast is even out of the toaster! This snack is perfectly balanced with the acidity from the lime juice and spice from the chili flakes. I am also not a fan of cilantro, I actually used to despise the herb, but when used with all the other ingredients it tastes SO GOOD on this toast. Each ingredient is super healthy, full of nutrients vitamins and minerals so its a 100% guilt free snack.
- 4 slices of bread (I use an organic rye bread or GF bread)
- 1 avocado
- handful cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- dash of pink Himalayan salt/black cracked pepper (optional)
What to do:
- put your slices of bread in the toaster
- slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, then slice both halves in half again and peel off the skin
- put each quarter of the avocado onto the 4 slices of bread and smoosh it in with a knife or fork
- place the cilantro on top of the avocado and sprinkle with the chili flakes and salt&pepper to taste
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @thegreenerer, using the hashtag #thegreenerer